Adaptive Cruise Control/Brake Charge Hum | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adaptive Cruise Control/Brake Charge Hum

Found this in a lecus forum, titled
Adaptive Cruise Control Whine Sound.

When you're manually operating the brake pedal, it's silent as the pressure built-up inside the system that sends brake fluid to each of the wheels is generated by you, the driver. When the vehicle is controlling braking on it's own, such as when you're using adaptive cruise control, that pressure needs to build somehow, which is the humming noise you're hearing.
Does it say which thing makes that pressure? I'd think it seems like mine needs to be replaced as others here say they don't have the noise... Thanks for your info!

Does it say which thing makes that pressure? I'd think it seems like mine needs to be replaced as others here say they don't have the noise... Thanks for your info!

It did not. I mean mine is only heard at low speeds, and it's always more prominent when the car has to slow down really quickly. So it seems directly related to the braking of the vehicle. Honestly I'd have to compare to another explorer with ACC.

After this search it seems we must share some kind of part with a Chrysler sebring..also shows up in an F150

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...0..0.83.83.1......0....1..gws-wiz.mhfKH1Vs19Y

Lmk if you get any more info out of that. It seems crazy to me that they would be okay with this expensive feature adding this noise to the car.. it's loud enough that you can hear it over music at a normal volume. I'm probably going to get a ranger next, if on a test drive it makes this noise, ACC will not be something I get on it..

Back