Adding factory Keyless Entry Keypad (07 & 10) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding factory Keyless Entry Keypad (07 & 10)

bwahl602

Reaction score
Hello Explorer Forums,
Been searching the web and this site for a few days now and have not been able to find any support for my idea.

Ive got two Explorers that I would like to add a keyless entry keypad to. The stick-on type are out of the question because they do not work when the engine is running. One truck is a 2007, the other a 2010. Both have RKE and both have codes for the keyless entry keypad system. However, there is no keypad installed on the vehicles (they are gov't package trucks, yes this is for my job - paramedic dept)

Id like to order the keypad and door trim for both vehicles and install the keypads. Can i assume that they are just plug and play like some of the older models? I know manufacturers typically will leave the connector in the door, but not install the accessory if you did not order it.

Ive been unable to find info on this for the 06-10 generation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Wohl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTW, i did remove the interior door panel to hunt for the connector. Only thing i was able to find was a small black part at the bottom of the door. It had an approximatley 4-5 wire connector plugged into it with a red safety tab. It was black and a sealed unit
Part number 9L24-14B345-CA

I cant imagine what it does.. it does go anywhere, nor is it attached to anything... might just be a loop or resistor that is installed when there isnt a keypad installed.. (the older models had a "plug" for the RKE touchpad connector.)

i havent opened the 07 door yet

Its not a plug-n-play application.

i would just do an aftermarket unit. this is what the dealership does if you want one and the vehicle doesnt have one.

just google "automotive touch pad keyless entry"

you SURE the stick on kind won't work? That's what I did for my 07 Mustang...I installed it behind the fuel filler door so you don't see it from the outside.

the stick on works just like factory remotes . it will work with car running. could also look at a remote start

if you search for these "automotive touch pad keyless entry" on the web that is exactly what they are. a stick on type (some are some arent depends on the unit).

if the key fobs work with the car running, the factory remotes then the ford stick on pad will work.

its the same thing as the key fob it just needs a code to do what you can do on the key fob in 1 button.

factory are not stick on like the aftermarket. they are wired into the vehicle

thanks guys

i was hoping to be able to just install the factory keypad, assuming there was a connector hidden in the door

Back