Adjustable bump stops | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adjustable bump stops

Great plan Dave, it's not the first time we've adapted something that will potentially turn very useful. I think you're totally onto something with the "bolt-on" can mount. In my situation I only had one shot at making it work or else it was time to change height of the actual bumpstop.

Even a retaining clip of some sort welded on when you determine ride height will work out great.

Have you seen other examples of "bolt on" mounts or was that all you? I like it!

Have you seen other examples of "bolt on" mounts or was that all you? I like it!

I really haven't seen many bolt on mounts but I can't say the idea as a whole isn't mine. I saw a pic of some aftermarket bump cans (welded) on a Toyota crawler that used urethane bump stops until he could afford air bumps and swap them in later on down the road.

I just wanted something bolt on in case I didn't like it or needed to change it later on with out going through the ordeal of hacking it off with a grinder.

I had an ah ha moment between my last post and this one. I was thinking instead of welding a sleeve to use as a stopper, I could just cut a sleeve that would slide in place to fill the space between the bump can and the top of the bump stop. To keep the adjustability factor in the mix, I can cut different lengths to suit my needs.

Back