Advice on this lift kit. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advice on this lift kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lift blocks won't lift the rear of a Ex, but all the front lift stuff should work fine.

Appears to be a Tuff Country kit in the box in the pic.

I think he meant the body lift blocks because he mentioned a BL earlier

Well I was going to do a spring over in the rear anyways.
And that helps a lot that you might know the brand becasue I was going to swap out the 4 inch lift springs for 6 if that's possible.

Not sure what's in the box... It's not a long arm lift - all you have here are radius arm brackets. You could put all that on and be able to stick 6" coils in there but you might not have enough adjustment left for alignment... or any flex. Usually, if the lift is a long arm lift (with longer radius arms) you are able to adjust it from 4 to 6 inch... axle drop brackets would have two sets of holes... and all you'd have to do is put 4 or 6 inch coils. Check what he's got... what brand at least.

you can use rear lift block if you plan on flipping your rear leafs to on top of the axle. also.. for the price he is asking u could add like 100-150 more and just get a brand new kit... old kits can have fracture stress etc that he wont wont tell you about.

Rough Country 680.00
Tuff Country 500.00

Plus other brands..

YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHAT COMES WITH LIFTING OUR Ex....

Not just a lift kit, itll stress your brake lines, which means extended brake lines, new alignment.. most shops will not align older rides that have been lifted..

Proper Pitman Arm Length.. blablabla

If your looking for height and tire clearance you should just do a 3" Body lift.. which is a complete lift for 200 or less!

I've lifted my older bronco before. I just wasn't sure about this lift kit. And I might look at new ones. I just haven't looked at in person because hes about 4 hours away.

Back