• Register Today It's free!

air ride question

Techmonster

Reaction score
City, State
St. Cloud, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
looking to buy a new x really soon and am confused over this air ride suspension they had on some years. I know I want a V8 leather, sunroof, and pretty much all the rest of the loaded up stuff, but i do not want the air ride suspension(4 corner version/rear shocks). I love the limited models buecuase I have now, but the big things to me are now is to finally get rid of that a4ld tranny and have V8. 4WD is also a must.

97 and newer is also very preferred. Can you get a limited without the air ride suspension and all the other criteria, or is it standard.

I would take a xlt or EB, but i am lost as what years you get that air ride suspension.

Thanks everyone

Of course you can. Actually, starting in '97, Ford made the Air Ride Suspension an option for the Limited models. If you want a V8, find one that is AWD (if you want) and without a knob that says "Normal" and "Off Road" on the center console beside the radio. If you're looking for a V6 without the air ride, look in the rear quarter panel where the jack is and see if there's a switch to turn off the air ride. Good luck!!!

Back