• Register Today It's free!

Alarm

debutis

Reaction score
City, State
austin, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 eddie bauer
How hard is it to install your own alarm? I want to save money but if it's just to hard, i'll get a pro to install it for me. I have quite a bit of time so time shouldn't be a problem. Im thinkin bout something with remote start, shock sensors, lcd pager, the whole works. Anyone on here install their own alarm? Besides the alarm, is there anything else you have to buy like a bypass module or anything for the factory alarm? This will be going on a 98 EB.
Thanks in advance

I installed an alarm on my '94 just fine... Took me about a day, working on and off, to get it all working perfectly (At first it didn't flash the parking lights because I blew a fuse and did not realize it). The hardest part was finding a stealth location for the siren.

I used a CrimeGuard 745i3, which came with built-in lock relays, dual stage shock sensor, glass breakage sensor, and dual-zone motion sensor, plus all the standard stuff: valet mode, LED indicator, backup battery, etc... I also hooked a CrimeStopper pager up to it, which I love. Works within 1/4 mile of the car, and I get paged if the alarm is set off for any reason. Great peace of mind.

I think I paid about $330 for the whole setup. Not bad at all. Got all of the stuff from Crutchfield.

Back