Alignment help needed | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alignment help needed

About 60-40 (60 being highway), I only run Michelin's. Others I know get more out of there Michelin's but I am not always easy on them and I change them as soon as they hit the wear bars. If I only got 15-20k the owner of the tire shop would have his own privet island and I would be broke :(

Nowhere you say.....sounds perfect, it will be my chance to get away from it all :)

Oh the 02 is not really dead I was just driving it :D she just cant leave the property (well it could just don't think the police would like it)

I haven't bought Michelins in quite some time, but they are considered one of the better tires out there from what I know. More expensive than most as well. I usually buy a Dunlop Radial Rover or Goodyear Wrangler tire for my SUV's,(my current EX set was paid for by dealership/Starfire/Cooper generics) but never get the type of mileage out of them as you mentioned. I rarely drive on the area Thruways and I probably drive 95/5= 95 city driving. The long, snowy winters here and all that stop-n-go driving just eats them up faster. Luckily, I only drive 6k per year now since retiring a few years back.
On my "Bridge to Nowhere" comment, I was just making a play on that expensive bridge with that name they wanted to build up in Alaska a few years back. As far as you getting away from it all, that should be easy to do up in Maine. I've watched some of those TV shows 'American Loggers" and the one on the E-con Officers protecting wildlife up in Maine and it looks pretty easy to disappear up there with all of the wooded areas to get lost in. Just don't hit a Moose aka Bullwinkle! :D BTW, are you turning the 2002 into a permanent offroad vehicle?

are you turning the 2002 into a permanent offroad vehicle

I think the wife did that :roll: I just use it to move equipment around and to get from the lake to the house.

Back