Solved - All taillights flash with left blinker (including third on hatch) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved All taillights flash with left blinker (including third on hatch)

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Zackie

Reaction score
City, State
Flat Rock, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SporTrac
I was driving around in a group tonight with some buddy’s when one let me know when I hit the blinker all three of the taillights on my 01 Sport started flashing, this included both the Left and Right taillight along with the Third brake light on the hatch, also note that the third light is acting as a running light as well on the hatch, suspect it could be the turn signal lever?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems like your multi-function switch (aka turn signal lever assembly) has a short in the hazard light contacts in it. Either that or some wire contacts are pulling out the back of the connector to it and shorting there. Wiring diagram attached.

Attachments

• exterior-lights-exterior-lamps-circuit-1-of-1.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 35

Unfortunately problem has returned, It was not the multi switch, it’s a problem with the wiring harness, I’ve replaced the end going onto the switch before and it seems the wiring on the new harness has shorted out somewhere, Would anyone know how hard it would be to replace the entire harness?

Back