• Register Today It's free!

Allocation Question

snoopy2003

Reaction score
City, State
Eunice, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 (ordered 4/7)
I ordered my x april 6 and still have no VIN or anything. Is this because of allocation i ordered from my local dealer which is very small. I know when i ordered there were 3 orders ahead of me. Im guessing it goes by the size of the dealership for the amount of vehicles they can order. Could it be they can only order like 1 or 2 a month or something. I am getting really dissappointed in it being almost 6 weeks and still no VIN. I guess we will see this week when i email Cory.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered my x april 6 and still have no VIN or anything. Is this because of allocation i ordered from my local dealer which is very small. I know when i ordered there were 3 orders ahead of me. Im guessing it goes by the size of the dealership for the amount of vehicles they can order. Could it be they can only order like 1 or 2 a month or something. I am getting really dissappointed in it being almost 6 weeks and still no VIN. I guess we will see this week when i email Cory.

From everything I have read over the months, you are correct with what you said!

Hope you get your VIN soon!

I am getting really dissappointed in it being almost 6 weeks and still no VIN.

I wish someone could really explain the whole dealer allocation thing to me. I ordered my EX on March 5, and at that time the four dealers in my immediate area had no EX's on the lot for sale. A couple of them had one for show. That was 10 weeks ago. Yesterday every dealer in the area had 3 or 4 EX's sitting on the lot for sale, and there have been many others bought and sold as well as I've watched their inventory over the last 5 weeks. But my delivery is still TBD.

Yesterday every dealer in the area had 3 or 4 EX's sitting on the lot for sale

Dealers complained to Ford that they can't sell what they don't have to demo. Ford got the message, dealer inventory orders got more priority. Customers at low volume dealers got moved back in line.

Dealers complained to Ford that they can't sell what they don't have to demo. Ford got the message, dealer inventory orders got more priority. Customers at low volume dealers got moved back in line.

That can be true but when I ordered my explorer I was the first in line. When I picked up my explorer, my dealer said they had 15 private custom orders and had 3 explorers on the lot. A dealer a few cities to the south has 22 explorers on their lot. Not one is 4WD.

If there are features you really want. Order it and wait, it will come just as you wanted it. I'm glad I waited. My friends love the 4WD knob and the way it shows the power distribution to each wheel on the dash. Just awesome... On the drive over someone in a new 4Runner (still paper dealer plates) said he wished he'd seen the explorer before he bought his 4 runner. At the dealer, a guy came over and was peeking in the window.

If there are features you really want. Order it and wait, it will come just as you wanted it.

Yeah, that's why I continue to wait. Seems as if all the ones on the lots are Limiteds, or XLT's not having what I wanted...which is a XLT w/MFT (no navigation) and leather seating, 4wd, and moonroof. Maybe that's an odd combo or something.

Yeah, that's why I continue to wait. Seems as if all the ones on the lots are Limiteds, or XLT's not having what I wanted...which is a XLT w/MFT (no navigation) and leather seating, 4wd, and moonroof. Maybe that's an odd combo or something.

Your buying exactly what I bought. I love it. I think there is a higher profit on the 20 inch wheels, hatch release, electronic rear seats.. and other options. Even my dealer said it might take longer but you'll like yours more.

The longer the wait the better MFT should be as well as any early production issues should be getting worked out. The wait felt like forever. It passes though.

Back