Android Auto | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Android Auto

Thanks for that handy tip on how to reboot Sync via the console, SUPER HELPFUL!!!

Do you know which permission option needs to be set on the USB menu? When I plug into the console, I get ~4 different options. Obviously its not Charge-Only, but there are also Midi, Photo sharing, File Sharing, and Software Install. If I select File Sharing, it's the option that does cause Sync to index my android device for local media (music).

I did go into Sync settings and enable Android Auto. Still get the "No Apps Found" message though. I'll try the Sync reboot next time I'm in the vehicle.

You still haven't posted what phone you are using or what version of android you are running.

I am still leaning towards a cable issue because when my phone is plugged in it automatically starts android auto and should only show this on your phone:

https://dab1nmslvvntp.cloudfront.ne...05/1462788403android-auto-phone-connected.jpg

You still haven't posted what phone you are using or what version of android you are running.

I am still leaning towards a cable issue because when my phone is plugged in it automatically starts android auto and should only show this on your phone:

https://dab1nmslvvntp.cloudfront.ne...05/1462788403android-auto-phone-connected.jpg

Motorola Droid Turbo 2
Android 7.0
Verizon carrier

Originally when I started the vehicle and BT connectedin sync, AA would automatically start on my device, even though not recognized in Sync. I turned off that setting in AA as I wanted to use Waze, but can Turn it on manually.

Motorola Droid Turbo 2
Android 7.0
Verizon carrier

Originally when I started the vehicle and BT connectedin sync, AA would automatically start on my device, even though not recognized in Sync. I turned off that setting in AA as I wanted to use Waze, but can Turn it on manually.

Make sure your phone is not connected via USB cable.
Open android auto on your phone -> go to connected cars --> is SYNC listed there? If not make sure "Add new cars to Android Auto" is turned on...
Go back to settings -> Auto launch -> Make sure Auto Launch is turned on ... under "Auto Launch Devices" make sure everything is turned off (this is for bluetooth).
Go back to settings -> "Use bluetooth" is turned off

Now connect the phone to sync via usb cable and see if it starts.

If you want to start the process from scratch, go to "Connected Cars" -> 3 button menu (top right corner) -> forget all cars

Give those steps a shot.

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to @ckc123 and @Zodiac for their recommendations of Waze. I installed it earlier today to play with. To my surprise AA seems much improved since the last time I tried it and the addition of Waze is great. We're taking a trip to Destin, FL in a couple of weeks and rather than use the stock navigation like we did last year I'm definitely leaning towards using AA and Waze on the trip. Having the alerts and being able to easily alert others of upcoming problems is a really nice feature.

Back