Another 2014 Sport Ordered :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another 2014 Sport Ordered :)

Reaction score
City, State
Port Perry, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Super excited to get it in my driveway, but like the rest of you the wait is KILLING me, lol!!:)

Ordered 09/30/2013
2014 Explorer Sport - Ruby Red
Interior - Charcoal Black/Sienna
Options - Adaptive Cruise, Moon Roof, Tow Package, Navigation, 60/40 Split 2nd Row

Got my VIN on Nov 7th, No window sticker yet :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Super excited to get it in my driveway, but like the rest of you the wait is KILLING me, lol!!:)

Ordered 09/30/2013
2014 Explorer Sport - Ruby Red
Interior - Charcoal Black/Sienna
Options - Adaptive Cruise, Moon Roof, Tow Package, Navigation, 60/40 Split 2nd Row

Got my VIN on Nov 7th, No window sticker yet :(

Hi CreativeAVtech,

I just replied to your PM stating that your Explorer is in Order Processing and will go into production in the next few weeks! :D Check back with me early next week and I'll see what the status is then. :)

Bianca

September 13th it shows order entered into system

Go find your 18" winter tire packages now, if it's anything like my neck of the woods they will be hard to find.

Go find your 18" winter tire packages now, if it's anything like my neck of the woods they will be hard to find.

Done

Interceptor Wheels $77each Wholesale TPMS $42 each

Tires still undecided, Blizzak's are super hard to find now around here.

Might be forced into Firestone FireHawks

Think I scored with that... Buddy has a shop and he has a set of 18" "take offs" with only a season on them that he is gonna give me. Just have to get rims and TPMS (likely will also go the interceptor route).

i never bothered with the tpms, those things never work reliably when the temps dip below -35 or so. i could not find a set of blizzaks, but did get a set of goodyear ultra grip ice tires that look good.

i never bothered with the tpms, those things never work reliably when the temps dip below -35 or so. i could not find a set of blizzaks, but did get a set of goodyear ultra grip ice tires that look good.

Ya your kinda in the area of real "extreme" temps. I will never see those temps in La La Land. Home of 30 days of 24X7 rain.

Let me know what you think of those Ultra Grip tires because someone else recommended those to me. Fort Mac is a pretty good test area for winter tires, if not the ideal place.

If I had a TPMS light on the dash for 3-4 months my OCD would over take me and I would snap.

my work vehicles have the light on pretty much year round so I'm used to it lol

Talked to my dealer today..... They are saying ETA of Dec 15th now.

Here's hoping that the start of next week, I'll be driving the new ride.

On a less exciting note: I had an initial conversation with them about moving the DRLs to the Amber marker lights (For my HIDs)..... Not looking like they are very willing to do it. :thumbdwn:

Is that a new ETA?

I just talked to my guy and mine will be released from CAP tomorrow.

Your probably way ahead for delivery, mine still shows December 30th

Would be sweet to have it before Xmas.

Yup, or atleast a more accurate ETA. Originally it was Dec 17-22. I am thinking it will actually be the 16th or 17th before I get it, especially considering our incoming storm this weekend.

Just heard from my dealer that my Ex has arrived in the province. Expecting to receive it at the dealership on Tuesday. :D

Your way ahead of us out here on the West Coast.

Ours only left CAP Wednesday afternoon.

Well Well.... Looky what I found :)

On my way home from the office tonight, I passed by the dealership as I do any other night.... Normally taking a glance behind the building in off chance there is a Ruby Red Sport sitting there with a sold tag on it, Normal answer is NOPE. Tonight after talking to the dealer and hearing that my Ex had cleared customs today and was in the province, I almost didn't bother to pass by the dealership. But since it is on my normal route into town I passed by anyways. As I pass by the dealership I see a car hauler going through the lights a couple intersections down the road. I said to myself "No way, what are the chances!!!". I spin around and pull into the dealership.... And BAM! There is a Ruby Red Explorer Sport sitting behind the building!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm actually quite surprised by that, considering it only came off the line 7 days ago.

Needless to say, It seems my dealerships info is a little out-dated, lol :D:D:D

1471874_10151850780154702_768590881_n.jpg

1463880_10151850780299702_792608545_n.jpg

Sorry about the cellphone pics, all I had at the time.

Looks like I may have it this weekend, or at the latest Monday! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet!

Back