• Register Today It's free!

Antitheftsystem???

TJ1

Reaction score
City, State
Helsinki
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Does anybody knows what does the 94 explorers antitheftsystem shut down??? I know it is starter but does it make any other systems fail like gasoline and spark go off??? i have a little red led that says is it on or off but now it is blinking wildly and dont know what to do??? it wont start anymore... And do u know what r the two relays behind abs test plug in engine compartment... it it located on drivers side of car and they are makinf FUNNY noises also??? Should i sink it into the sea??? or is there anything to do anymore...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First gens don't have a factory anti-theft as far as I know... sounds like an aftermarket starter kill. Does the engine crank with the key?

If you look around you should be able to find the module and figure out what's going on.

Was there a certain way you normally have to start the engine, ie: unlock the door with the remote?

Where is the LED?

mine does and in remote is said ford and robert bosch... engine doesnt crank before im in car and push the button in remote and after that the red light stays on next to keyhole... im pretty sure it its original... but for some reason my cars likes to play dead sometimes and wont start running but engine cranks... it is like there isnt any gasoline... i have changed maf fuel pump relay and fuel filter... do uknow what are the two grey relays under the hood next to ABS test plug???

Sounds like a dealer installed keyless entry/starter kill. The fact that you have to press a button to enable the vehicle to start is a tip-off.

Normally the starter wire is cut and ran through a relay. It may be the ignition wire that is used though. The relay is controlled by the keyless entry module. The module will activate the relay for a certain time limit, normally under a minute. After that if you haven't started the engine you would have to press the button again.

If you look under the dash, you should be able to find the module and everything that it is hooked to and return the vehicle to it's normal state.

If you don't have the knowledge to remove it yourself, take it to a place where they are installed and they will be able to remove it easily, or fix it so you don't have problems.

Just noticed where you are. Not sure what the euro version may have, but I stick to my feeling that it is not a factory security system.

Good luck.

well it s probably anti start system... thank u of tips anyway...

This is similar to another discussion we all had some time ago, I think it was agreed that it was a dealer installed system, not a factory system...

Sorry I can't really help, not much knowledge on the antitheft system.

But do u know which is the two relays in abs tester side???

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, had the flu these last few days.

Anyway, my '93 XLT has a bracket on the driver's side. On the back of the bracket is the ABS module, on the front facing side is where the EVAP canister is, next to the ABS test connector. There are no relays in that area. Your relays may be the ones installed with the security system.

Why not take a picture and attach it?

Ok Just might do that... i supposed the same cause there goes wiring for there to the startmotor...

I did some searching and found that there was a factory installed system in '94 so sorry for the incorrect info on that... (thanks x92Explorer) I do still think that your system is dealer installed though because of the starter kill. If it was a factory system you would be able to find the module in the jack compartment in the back, apparently you might need a flashlight to see it.

I was re-reading your posts and I wonder if we are getting the starter kill mixed up with another problem.

Just to make sure, your complaint is that your vehicle won't start sometimes, the engine turns over but the engine won't start, is that it? Because I don't think your problem has anything to do with the security system then.

I'm not sure if the anti-theft has a killer switch or not, my ZX2 was newer but the way it worked was it would only shut the fuel off not the starter.

Back