Any body running rancho rsx shocks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any body running rancho rsx shocks?

trevell407

Reaction score
City, State
Kissimmee, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
its time for new shocks on the X and I cant decide between ranch rsx self adjusting shocks or rancho rs5000's.
anybody running either one of those?
what do you think of them.
my X is a 2000 2wd,
2'' tt and shackles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got a set (RSX's) in my garage ready to go on, probably this coming weekend. I'll let you know what I think.

I just installed the RS5000 front & rear today. They feel great compared to my worn OEM shocks w/ 200,000 miles.

I recently switched from RSX to RS-5000's. I really like the 5000's more for a lifted truck. The RSX's made the suspension way to harsh going over bumps in the road. Now it rides like butter. Actually cycle your suspension before hand to measure what size you need. When I measured mine I found out I could just barely fit a 4" lift shock in there, even though it was only lifted 2". Giving me more articulation (if the old shock was fully extending).

......or as the girlfriend would say, "those little white shocks look so cute with the red booties!"

Back