Anyone got a part number for a single horn (Low Tone) '16 Ex LTD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone got a part number for a single horn (Low Tone) '16 Ex LTD

tysoneric

Reaction score
City, State
Central PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Ltd
My '16 Limited Low tone horn died recently. I swapped the two devices around and sure enough: high tone horn works in either position. But, low tone unit is dead. LFD only seems to sell them as a pair/assembly and it's a little pricey for something that I only need 50% of at the moment.
None of the aftermarket substitutes show the same connection type as these Ford Explorers require. Anyone know of a good MFGR or model for a Low Tone Horn replacement? or how you go about modifying connection type for the cheap aftermarket units that are a dime a dozen at auto parts stores?

Reminds me of when I was young. My dad had bought a new 79 F150. He didn't like the single tone horn it came with so he sent me to the clunker lot (he was a car dealer and kept a lot behind the shop with old worthless trade-ins waiting for their fate.)I
Anyway I found an old 67 Buick that had a loud dual tone horn. Yanked it, mounted it under the hood of dad's truck and spiced the wires. Sounded great, dad was happy, life was good.
I realize that doesn't help your issue any but thought I'd share.

Back