anyone have dual exhaust?

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Has anyone been successful in installing a dual exhaust on a 06-08? I was under my friends "new" 06 and things are pretty tight under there. Looks like it can be done by junking the spare tire.... anyone have any luck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im not sure how different the 06 is from an 02, but i know that the only way to run dual exhaust on an 02 would be under the rear axel or to relocate the fuel fill tube. i know this because i tried to get dual exhaust on my truck and the shop wasnt able to because they would have had to run the passneger side pipe right next to the fuel fill tube. i actually got under the truck with the guy and looked for myself.

Only way I have seen it done is go under the axle. Doesn't look so bad if your lowered but it still looks a little fugly from the rear.

I looked into it when i was upgrading my exhaust. You have to lose the spare to fit the duals.

Although I am a big fan of dual exhaust I think the magnaflow system deserves a serious look as an alternative. I helped a buddy put a system on his truck last weekend and talk about impressive, wow. I will be ordering mine as soon as I can scrape together a bit of extra jingle in my pocket. I think Bentleys sound clip says it all.

I got dual exhaust on my 01 sport and i still got my spare underneath my explorer.

I just saw a 2007 V8 EX with duals on cardomain. Look on Cardomain under 2007 Ford Explorer rides. www.sounddomain.com. Damn my guy told me it couldn't be done.

YES THERE CAN!!!!! I talked to a dude that says that it can be done but if ur 4x4ing then you might want to keep it a single. Like they said, you will have to go under the axle but if you do it right it will look NICE! Just take a look at a range rover next time you see one and you'll know what im talkin about

This guy, KC really is a talent with exhausts. He is the only guy in the area who will hook you up proper. He has a big reputation for doing custom jobs for Classic and everything in between. Holla at him if you need the work and are in or around Jersey.

http://kcscustomexhaust.com/

im not sure how different the 06 is from an 02, but i know that the only way to run dual exhaust on an 02 would be under the rear axel or to relocate the fuel fill tube. i know this because i tried to get dual exhaust on my truck and the shop wasnt able to because they would have had to run the passneger side pipe right next to the fuel fill tube. i actually got under the truck with the guy and looked for myself.

You are mistaken. 2.5" Duals can fit through the location where the stocker pipe routes in the Gen3 Explorers. It is tight but is easily doable. I am not familiar with the Gen4 Explorer underbody so I cannot say what issues a person would run into there but a Gen 3 02-05 Explorer duals are doable without going under the axle and will still have proper clearance. If I had a chance to look at the underbody of a Gen4 I could tell you guys what is doable or not.

x deacon u got a sound clip of ur dual exhausts

No, sorrry I don't but believe me it sounds sweeeet!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't dual exhaust start at the beginning not the end. Just because you have 2 tips doesn't make dual exhaust. If you came from individual headers or even if the exhaust collected through some sort of H pipe then two tubes out that would be duals. Having a Y pipe after the rear end does not make duals.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't dual exhaust start at the beginning not the end. Just because you have 2 tips doesn't make dual exhaust. If you came from individual headers or even if the exhaust collected through some sort of H pipe then two tubes out that would be duals. Having a Y pipe after the rear end does not make duals.

You are correct.

Actually there are two ways of having duals, catback and true. I have catback, which yes is considered dual.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually there are two ways of having duals, catback and true. I have catback, which yes is considered dual.

It depends on which cats you are referring to. The main forward cats or the aftercats. As long as you do not Y into a single pipe then you are considered to have dual exhaust.

Back