APIM reset for Ford Escape

Ryan W

Reaction score
City, State
Lisle, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Escape S
Hello,

I am the owner of a 2015 Ford Escape S. My battery died a couple of months ago and ever since my clock settings have been off and I had been unable to reset it manually.

I finally took it to the dealer this week and they needed to perform an APIM reset since there was a hard fault in the system. They charged me $280 for this work. When I asked why the price was so high they mentioned that it involved a pin point test of all of the different modules (HVAC, navigation, compass, etc.)

Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering now if there was something I could have done on my own to avoid this costly trip to the dealer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum Ryan.:wave:
Did you try posting this question in a Ford Escape Forum? There might be members there who have experienced that issue.
When a battery is replaced in the Explorer, it is recommended to let the vehicle sit without being disturbed for 8 hours so that the Battery Management System (BMS) can adjust to the new battery. It is also recommended to clear the BMS memory so it doesn't retain info from the old battery. I don't know if the Escape Manual has the same info.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Ryan.:wave:
Did you try posting this question in a Ford Escape Forum? There might be members there who have experienced that issue.
When a battery is replaced in the Explorer, it is recommended to let the vehicle sit without being disturbed for 8 hours so that the Battery Management System (BMS) can adjust to the new battery. It is also recommended to clear the BMS memory so it doesn't retain info from the old battery. I don't know if the Escape Manual has the same info.

Peter
Thanks for the reply Peter! I also joined a Ford Escape forum and posted my question there. That is good information to know on allowing the BMS to adjust after battery replacement. In this case, I received a jump but never replaced the battery. It has been frustrating but thankful to have found these forums for future issues.

Forscan is your friend. Module reset is easy.

Back