• Register Today It's free!

Aura Bass Shakers???

JaeKThomas

Reaction score
City, State
Philly
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer V8!
Read the review and Im really interested in getting a set...just wondering how (those of you that have them) felt about them. Do they really give off a nice bass feeling? Where are yours located? Heres my idea for my X:

Instead of buying a component set I have 2 horns/pa speakers (mounted in the trunk area windows, right behind the rear seats) wired to a crossover and an amp. I was thinking of putting the bass shakers in the doors (wired to the same crossover, seperate amp due to the wattage) being as though the horns cant have ANY bass playing through them (they will blow) and the bass shakers dont play music well. Any advice?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202958

You wouldn't want bass shakers in the doors as it would only shake the doors... You would want them put underneath the front seats for best effect (assuming you're driving). They don't actually put off any music as you already know. For best effect you'd want a sub somewhere to give off sound and the shakers to compliment it. From what I've read also, the shakers aren't very good for music anyway though.

Back