automatic to manual hub swap (auto hubs going out) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

automatic to manual hub swap (auto hubs going out)

93 x

Reaction score
City, State
bothell washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
so i know you can clean out auto hubs and they will work again and what not but i always liked the manual hubs so i will probably swap them. i am pretty sure my hubs are going out tell me if im wrong though.

kind of a grinding (like a fan hitting the shroud)
poping when turnig
and all that going away when i put it in 4 wheel
and if i can remeber there is alot of grease in the hubs them selfs

now dont tell me to clean them because i read all of that i just want to know what the part number is for the nut and spindal kit to swap from auto to manual. i have a 4 wheel parts here in lynnwood wa so i can go there for just about anything. also can you use used manual hubs from a ranger around the same year (im sure they have the same spline count). also can you point me in the direction of the write up for doing this?

thanks a bunch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a extra set of spindle nuts, perforated washers, splined washers, and c-clips. Everything needed for the swap to manual hubs. Let me know if you would be interested in them.

I have a extra set of spindle nuts, perforated washers, splined washers, and c-clips. Everything needed for the swap to manual hubs. Let me know if you would be interested in them.

ya i deffinatly would how much?

Yea you can definitely use a used set. Doesnt have to be new at all.

sorry just sent you a pm asking the same q without looking here first. dont think im annoying haha

Back