AWD display, remote start, water pump oh my | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AWD display, remote start, water pump oh my

LuckyRabbit

Reaction score
City, State
Juno Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
Hey all,

Quick couple questions for my 15’ interceptor

What’s the AWD display? Do I want it and how do I enable it?

I understand I can get remote start with this

What are the signs I want to look out for with my water pump again?

A drip forward right was what I remembered, as well as coolant level and normal temp reading right?

Forward right on the engine would be rear passenger side of the engine?

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey,
I'll try and answer a few of your questions.
1. The intelligent AWD gauge, is a page in the IPC that shows a graphic of a overhead view of the SUV and bar graphs that show live torque vectoring to each wheel. It's neat I guess but I don't see a reason I would use it. I prefer the center of the IPC to show the digital speedometer.
To enable it you will need ForScan and an OBD cable. It's a single setting change in the IPC module.
2. I have the 12vsolutions remote start in my PIU. It works as advertised and I would recommend it. If you are handy at wiring, you can save yourself a few bucks and buy a FORTIN EVO ALL and set it up. (the 12v kit is just a cleaned up, pre-wired, preprogrammed EVO ALL)
note: If you do get the 12vsolutions remote start and want your parking lights to come on when remote starting you need to specify that to them, so they don't remove the wires from the harness needed to do this.
3. You nailed the symptoms of a failing water pump, keep an eye on level, temp and the weep hole. Maybe someone will come by and add some pictures of it's location.

Is yours a 15 or a 16?

They're two completely different animals, as far as the electronics and programming goes.

Is yours a 15 or a 16?

They're two completely different animals, as far as the electronics and programming goes.
Dunno who you’re asking but his post says “‘16 interceptor” and my bio and user name is ‘16PIU.
Pretty obvious no?

Dunno who you’re asking but his post says “‘16 interceptor” and my bio and user name is ‘16PIU.
Pretty obvious no?
And he references a remote start for an 11-15.

And he references a remote start for an 11-15.
I see the original post has been modified. Good catch on the remote start I assumed the wrong link was posted, since it's available for both. You are correct 11-15 and 16-19 are 2 complexly different animals. I'll leave my initial post for those who may have similar questions.
But most if not all what I said is true to both 11-15 and 16-19.

I see the original post has been modified. Good catch on the remote start I assumed the wrong link was posted, since it's available for both. You are correct 11-15 and 16-19 are 2 complexly different animals. I'll leave my initial post for those who may have similar questions.
But most if not all what I said is true to both 11-15 and 16-19.
What’s the major differences between the years minus the front end?

Back