Axle wrap with SOA...ladder bars or ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Axle wrap with SOA...ladder bars or ??

Mascman

Reaction score
City, State
Apollo, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
I have a lot of axle wrap after my SOA. I have a 5 speed, 4.56 gears and 35"s. I'm using stock 4 door leafs with welded on spring perches.

I saw a Ranger pick-up had some type of ladder bars on it. Anyone use anything like this?

I may be building something like them in the spring...wondering what others have done.

Typical "ladder bars" limit articulation alot. Look into making something like the Sams offroad bar. It will work just as well, wont limit articulation, and will be cheaper to make.

Loss of articulation isn't my main concern. If I want to wheel this thing, I'd have to go to 33"s for some clearance...or cut the front fenders way out. Actually, even with a ladder bar, the rear would probably out flex the front since they would be hitting the fenders. I've already trimmed them a bit.

Maybe in a few years I'll use it for that, but right now it's my daily driver and I use it tow my trailer. Right now, I just want to get rid of that annoying wrap.

I just wondered if anyone used one from a Ranger or something like that.

Back