Bad Transmission or Bad Solenoid B? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad Transmission or Bad Solenoid B?

keithsells

Reaction score
City, State
chattanooga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer
Last night I was driving my explorer and noticed it was shifting weird in 5th. On my way home from work same issue, yet this time my OD was flashing. I get in it this morning and it's fine. Fast forward to this afternoon, I hit 60 and it gets rough and the OF comes on and the service light also comes on. I was talking to my supervisor about to today and without mentioning the solenoid that advance told me was wrong he said I need to change it out. Advance gave me the codes p0775 and p0735. Should I try the solenoid or do a transmission replacement?

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I moved your thread from the HVAC forum into the Stock 3rd Gen Forum for better exposure.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Welcome to this forum! It sounds like you have a servo bore issue. There are two options. You could remove the transmission to resleeve the servo bores or get the aftermarket servos with O rings, and install them with the transmission in the vehicle.

Back