Badlands Season Finale

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
Calling all "Explorers" from Northwest and Western Illinois and Northwest and Eastern Indiana as well as all that want to attend!!!!!! I'm thinking about starting to plan for a run that would close our season (not necesarily in it's enitirity). The only place that I can think off is BADLANDS in Attica, Indiana. I'm thinking about getting everybody together for the Labor Day weekend to go on at least two runs. That would be Saturday and Sunday, September 2nd and 3rd. Suggestions are welcome. Dave, if you can join let me know so perhaps we can use your site for info purposes since it's already set-up. If not I can arrange something for sure. I would like to get as many guys as possible. If your truck is 100% stock, don't worry, you should be OK. Ask questions, post 'em here, suggestions? do the same or drop me an e-mail.
Hope to see you all in the DIRT!!!

Later,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in!! I have a new website too, So if you need someone to post stuff it might be a good candidate if only for the reason of the address!!

http://explorer.rockcrawler.com

I'm currently working on it offline, so the only thing that is on there now is a pic of my truck. More will come soon. I've also made arrangements with a mechanic buddy of mine to put on the 5.5" superlift in the next month. So i will be ready to maybe even tackle the hardest trail if i get my lockers on in time!!

Keep us updated and I will too!!

Stay on top!

Just to keep it in everyone's face. Cameron already pledged to go to Indiana with us. I just met him today. The more, the better. Sign-up here. Make sugestions, ask questions. For starters, you don't even need any mods on your truck to go. There's plenty to do in a stock Explorer at Badlands. If you don't feel like taking your rig off road, join any one of us as passanger. I won't mind having someone in the co-pilots seat, perhaps just even to scare the hell out of you. Heh, heh!!

(kidding aside)

There's so many of us here in and around Chicago so it would be great to meet somewhere and do some wheeling together.

See you soon,

I'm doing some serious "recruting" down here. Everytime I'm at the gas station, (which seems like too often) and I see an explorer there...im like, Have you ever taken that thing offroad? Would you like to?

Haha...So I have actually had some people interested down here. They might join us on our journies.

Anybody thought of an Illinois Explorer club? Just a thought......

Doggone it, another weekend that I'm working. I'd love to try out the badlands, but it'll have to be another time. I enjoyed the pics from your last trip along with the report, and it looks like a place I'd like to try.

Oh well, some day....

Riffman, some time ago the idea was passed around here to start area spin-offs of this club. The sections could be added to the main page. I think it’s an excellent idea to have an Illinois Explorer Club.

Anyway, I’m in for the Attica run. I won’t be able to do multiple days though but I’m in for one day.

I think that if there was an Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin section we could get a bigger turn out to these events. I know there has to be a lot of people in this area that are on this site. We just need to have a place dedicated to this area to post who we are, where we live and when’s the next get together.

Peace

Guys,

I don't know yet whether I'll be able to go with on Labor Day, but you can use my site as a base. Let me know what changes need to be made. For all of you new guys planning to attend either email me with your hometown or post it on the board and I'll put a link with directions to Attica from your town.

Riff, are you gonna post the pics that you took at the last run?

Last run guys, I mailed RIck the trip report, but I haven't heard anything back from him yet. If anyone talks to him, tell him to get in touch with me.

Dave

Hope to see you

Dave I hope we meet again in Attica. If you can't, you can't. Last Saturday we met with a few guys over at Cameron's place. It was great to see more Explorer wackos. Want to see how it went? Visit Dead Link Removed
or my Explorer pages at http://www.inter-kiosk.com/Explorer
for pix and story.

Dennis said that it'll be great to visit Badlands even in winter. But!!! But!!! let's do one run at a time. T-Bone commited himself to be our photographer since his brand spanking new Explorer is not even broken in yet. I know that trail would be a great place to do it but, well, we'll let him sit this one out...............in my passanger's seat. Scary, hah? Better this then sitting in Riffs passanger seat. Riff, did your friend regain his senses yet after the Attica run???? Oh my,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm just playing with you guys,,,
Later,,,

;)

Well....actually there is a stain on my seat where he was sitting!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't think he will be going back, so I might have an empty seat too, unless i can convince my girlfriend to go.

Girlfriend?

I thought he was your girlfriend!!!

Sorry, couldn't pass that one up.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Hah!

Kampy, I didn't even think of that!!! I don't blame this guy for not coming with you anymore, Riff. The way you drive..........
Make sure your girly friend likes to do some extreme wheeling cause if she doesn't.......... you know the rest.
Wet seat and a bump on your head---->

Later,
;)

I have to wait to see how this next semester goes with school. If its not too bad and I don't have to do anything that weekend all for driving to Indiana.

Hello Ohio!

Sorry I didn't mention Ohio at the beginning of this thread but we would like to see as many of you "Explorers" as possible. Some guys are going to Colorado but
if you're not running the Colorado Colors Run come with us!
It'll be fun! Badlands is a nice place to wheel. If you don't want to go extreme off roading there's always places there that you can polish up on your climbing and "going through" a puddle skills. Mud, puddles of water, hills, sand, creeks, woods, rocks - you name it, it's there. Don't worry, nobody will make you do things you don't want to. Come have fun.

Later,
;)

Thanks for the warm greeting :) I'll do everything I can to make it but I'm not going to have a clear schedual until the end of August.

Back