• Register Today It's free!

?? bbk Headers??

explorer97

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego , California
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Here there guy's and ladies. I had a question i just installed bbk header on my x i have a 1997 4.0l ohv.
Well i wanted to know if any one has installed headers on there x and if they notice that the motor seems to shake a little more and seem to ideal ruff when the motor is cold and rpm arelike in 1200-1500 range till the rpm's drop then it is fine or if the lifter even seem to get louder maybe it might just be a leak not sure well just woundering if any one has any problem like that after installing the header. Besides that it run's great Thanks

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

:redexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you probably have a header leak. also check to make sure the exhaust isn't rattling against any other parts or the frame. i know on my JBA headers i had to install lock washers on the collector flange bolts to keep them from leaking. Also sometimes you can just get a bad set of header gaskets. also, did you reset the computer? if not, you need to do that.

cool thank you very much bro i really apprecaite it. How do i reset my computer i have not done that

Missed some thing do you mean you had to put lock washer so that your flanges will not rattle lose.

Thanks

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

:redexp: people like you make this site great i allwasy try to help to ass much as i can i know lost about car but it never hurt to get other's opinion you know what i mean well thanks i really appreacite you help.

that's your idle and possibly vibe problem then.

disconnect the negative battery cable for 15-30 mins then reconnect it (some disconnect it for longer to make sure the computer memory bleeds). Start the truck up and let it idle for 10 minutes or so with all accessories off. Then go drive it for a bit in all sorts of conditions and speeds, drive it a bit hard.

Cool Thanks

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

Yeah, I thought it was my lifters too... but it was my headers leakin. So other that the noise, how do you like yours? I didnt see much of an improvement...im hoping if I get my heads and intake ported I will....

nick

Yeah i notice a little improvement mostly torque but i guess there allright just get mad about that leak sounds like crap but i'll get if fixed but hey thanks for the info

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

Back