• Register Today It's free!

BBK headers

drew22

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Sport
I am installing BBK chrome headers in my 96' sport and I am having some problems. The header on the drive side is not fitting that well. It is bolted onto the block now but the steering column is right against the headers. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this istallation before.

thanks,

Drew

I find that some aftermarket products are not "perfect fit" or as we know, just bolt on. I ran into similar problems when I put my gibson cat back on. I just had to fab new exhaust hangers and so on. The biggest problem I ran into though was that the piping was not a perfect circle so the tail pipe did not fit into the outlet part of the muffler. So I had to make the pipe round with a hammer. As for the header, I would call BBK and tell them your problem. Maybe they might know whats wrong here. Later

I am rather unhappy with BBK

I have 20 bucks here for one of you guys out in califoria to go over to the Preformance Brothers store where I got my headers and punch the boss right in the nose. They sent me the headers for a 91-94 explorer when I needed headers for a 96' 4.0L OHV. So I have just spent the last hour taking off the headers. I guess it is a little much too ask of them to get the order right, I only ordered the headers 13 months ago!! My explorer has been up on blocks since January 8th and this is only adding salt to the wound.
The right headers are now on the way now, finally.

jk about the punching in the nose bit

Back