BBK Throttle Body Install Problem

Shamrock

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Hey guys,

I have a 95 X with a 4.0 engine. The "instructions" from BBK says that to complete installation, "a short piece of 5/32" vacuum tubing and Ford part #N802484-5100" will be needed for the emissions/vacuum connection on the bottom of the Throttle Body." Anybody know what this piece is? I called BBK and the tech guy was in the dark about this whole scenario. Anybody knwo how I can find out what this part is or how to get it easily?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Err... hmm... I have one on my 94. I had the piece already on my old TB... I think. Ill have to go look at it tomorrow. but everything I needed was in the box. and all the old equipment just hooked up to the TB.

nick

Ditto. I had one on my old 94 as well. No problems at all. But, of course, "On some models with black composite intake..." all that other stuff is needed. PITA!

This is a '91 I'm talking about but if you look at both the original and BBK TBs there is a small orifice on the lower right side. The original tubing worked fine with my BBK. Check the one you have in there and see if there are similiar connections. Maybe they just want to make sure you don't forget to hook that hose up?

I'm considering a BBK but for $200 bucks, do you guys think its worth it?

It's a different hookup for those with the black compositie intake. I had a 94 and things went smooth. This 95 is giving me headaches!

The provided hose fits on the TB, it just doesn't match up with the emissions tube coming off the motor.

Shamrock, I just emailed you.

I for one don't remember having any problems installing my TB, besides that we had to drill the TPS bolts off. Silly me, but I don't remember having to deal with a hose. Maybe it's different OBD I vs OBD II?

Autoparts stores carry a wide assortment of vaccuum hoses and fittings, try your local Autozone or like store for something that might work.

Alec would you reccomend me going with shocks a chip or a TB? what order?

Yeah I vaguely remember my mechanic telling me there were some slight differences in emissions tubing from 95-96.

When I got my TB, I thoght it was worth the money. I really didnt get much of a power increase, but man.. off the line there was a kick. It was one of the few mods I could feel.

nick

Yup. There is DEFINITELY a difference in the emissions tubing on the 95-96 OHV engines.

That's what this whole problem is about.

Back