Bernard Kong, Perth, Western Australia | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bernard Kong, Perth, Western Australia

How to get rich by not working very hard.

Hey all, just thought I'd share with you guys, the addiction that's gonna kill me one day.

I've got a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT (RHD baby!), blue 4 door 4wd.

5 speed auto, 3.73 gears through the kick-arse 4.0 SOHC...luuuurvely KKM intake, Mercury straight-through 2.25" exhaust...

After drooling about it long and hard, went for the add-a-leaf and torsion twist. While the boys were under there, I got some Koni adjustables put in...pothole? What pothole?

After this, I got some 15x8 ARE Baja rims wrapped in 31" BFG Mud Terrains...now there's no turning back!! There's a 3" PA bodylift sitting on the shelf and then the 33's will be on!

On the front went a BOCAR nudge bar, and mounted onto that was a pair of Nane 100W driving/spot lights. IPF 80/110W Ice Blue headlight inserts were linked to a light harness for better night time vision.

A Shelf-it holds a Uniden Pro510XL 40 chl AM CB, a Nokia 6210 and a Uniden handheld CB for comms.

Now, onto the funky stuff...
Out:
The aneamic 80 watt cassette/radio and origami speakers...
In:
Alpine 3-disc and MD in dash head unit
5 1/4" infinity Kappa splits in the front
6" Kappa coaxials in the rear
12" Kappa sub
240.4 Rockford Fosgate punch for the front stage and rear (80w/ch)
55.2 Rockford Fosgate punch for the sub (110w)

hit 132dB at the first sound off, woo hoo!!

The transmission got a massage too. Permacool aux. tranny filter and a B&M shiftplus shift kit were installed. And just so I can keep an eye on things, a vacuum, tranny temp and A/F guages were installed. Lovely.

okay okay...maybe I should stop posing and start off roading...i am a bit off a curb warrior, though when the cops ain't looking...

BK

Dead Link Removed

225897_57.jpg

Back