swshawaii

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
Sorry, I've searched EVERYWHERE for this info. Would the Zevo 194 (T10) or comparable Philips bulbs work well for the gauge cluster? All I've seen used for instrument cluster lamps are the SMD type that uses multiple LED's for the widest possible dispersion. If there is any chance of dark spots, I won't do this. Brightness and long life are just added bonuses to me. Also, is there a preferred color temp (Kelvin) or lamp color to retain the stock cluster back lighting green? Sylvania offers Zevo 194's in 6000K white, red, and amber. TIA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sylvania-ZE...256606?hash=item1c6cf7b21e:g:rY4AAOSw65FXsoL5

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steve - IDK which LED bulbs work best, I think bobflood posted pictures of his LED conversion using inexpensive Chinese LED bulbs. They looked pretty good in the pic, but rather bright. Have you considered that you will not be able to dim them?

After further research, and looking at MANY pictures, LED's in the gauge cluster may not be for me. Personally, I find the excessive brightness a distraction regardless of color, and not knowing if they would dim completely is very discouraging. Must say the Zevo's rock for interior map and license plate lamps. Think that's where my LED binge will end. Thanks Phil.

After further research, and looking at MANY pictures, LED's in the gauge cluster may not be for me. Personally, I find the excessive brightness a distraction regardless of color, and not knowing if they would dim completely is very discouraging. Must say the Zevo's rock for interior map and license plate lamps. Think that's where my LED binge will end. Thanks Phil.

I don't believe LED's would dim at all.

I have the cheap China leds in my cluster and climate backlight and they are craaaaaaapppy. I'm looking for a better option.

My problem is unless they are dimmed all they way down the friggin things flash and dance back and forth like crazy. I have the same ones in my license plate bulbs and they work perfectly. Not sure what they don't like but it's something in the dimmer.

I have the cheap China leds in my cluster and climate backlight and they are craaaaaaapppy. I'm looking for a better option.

My problem is unless they are dimmed all they way down the friggin things flash and dance back and forth like crazy. I have the same ones in my license plate bulbs and they work perfectly. Not sure what they don't like but it's something in the dimmer.

I had them (cheap Chinese LED's) in my tag lights and removed them because they flickered. They work okay in my puddle lights and glove box. I also have them in our '97 Sports door lights.

Leds are dimmable, and some of the best leds are made overseas. Just need to look closely at the specs

Back