Best exhaust? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best exhaust?

longhorn94

Reaction score
City, State
san angelo, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey, what do yall think is the best sounding exhaust for the sport trac?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a stock exhaust, it sounds nice and quiet

i have a flomaster super 44. sounded good. but think it sound great now that its dumped off under bed. with the pipes it was too loud. sound just carried.

i got the 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport. i got single in and dual out with 2 1/2 inch tips. I love how it sounds on my sport.

When I get new exhaust on mine I will probably get a 50 series.

I have a Gibson cat-back, I like it a lot.

where did u get it from? and how was the install?

where did u get it from? and how was the install?
Summit, got the aluminized for about $350. Install was a slam-dunk. We did need to use shorter bolts and springs (not included) for where it bolts to the cat flange. It is a single system but with less restriction and bigger pipe than stock.
By "We", I mean me and a bud of mine who owns a transmission shop so that we could put it on a lift. It took the two of us literally a half-hour start to finish and I offered him $50 for the lift time. With exhaust work you generally spend more time getting the old off than putting the new on. My truck was only three months old when we put the exhaust on so there wasn't any rust to battle with.

have u decided what exhaust u gonna get longhorn

im looking about getting the super 44 and dumping it, thanks for the suggestions!

be sure to post sound clips of it when u get it installed

Back