Best general-use tire for s-10 blazer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best general-use tire for s-10 blazer?

The 235/75 R15's on my '93 s-10 blazer have about had it.. Went to check out tires tonight and i'm not sure what to get.. I do about 80% on-road and 20% off. So far i've only looked at Sams club, and its a toss up between the Goodyear Wrangler GSAs (same size), the BF Goodrich Advantage GTs (255/70 R15), and the BF Goodrich Longtrail T/As (same as current size) Do you have any other suggestions? I kind of liked the wider Advantage GTs, but didn't like the sales person saying 'we put them on alot of CARS' Dead Link Removed... I've heard /bad/ things about goodyear, so i'm not sure if thats really a choice.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site! You'll find that it will be a great resource for you, even if you own a Blazer/ A lot of people like BFG's All-Terrain K/O. It is an aggressive tire that performs well on and off-road, it gives your truck a nice aggressive look as well. I have Michelin's, which perform alright offrad, but really well on the road and especially in wet weather. Try using the search function or sort through the Tires and Wheels forum, that's you best in find the information you need. Good luck, and I hope I helped! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Tim Y.
1996 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV 4x4

Thanks for the quick reply!
I've just looked through the last 100 days of posts, and i've seen alot of praise of the BFG All-Terrains.. I'll check out prices on them tommorow.

I thought I should add, right now I live in North Dakota, and before that Michigan.. So snow is a big deal Dead Link Removed Price, handling, and wear are big factors too... I've heard alot of good things so far about BFGs. So there pretty high on the list right now.

If you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know!
Thanks for the help!

Hi Azonic,
Welcome to the board. I have 66k on my BFG A/T's and they still have alot of tread on them. I commute 160 miles a day and can do it with the stereo off and not get a headache. They are very good tires. I also had Wranglers before and they are alittle quiter, but I still like the BFG's much better. My next set of tires will be the BFG A/T KO's. Hope this helps Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

BFG AT KO's are awesome in the snow. Last December, I had the pleasure of pulling a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee with Michelin somethings on it about half a mile uphill on a road covered in about 2 feet of snow. He had gotten stuck right at the base of the hill and couldn't go anywhere. I really enjoyed it. The BFG's never even slipped, just pulled right through.

------------------
Brian Corff
'95 XLT 4x4 V6 w/ 31x10.5's
"Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you suck forever."

Thanks for all the replys guys... This does help.. It really seems like you guys like the BFG ATs, so whats a good price for these suckers? I haven't priced them locally, but it would be nice to know about what to expect so I can tell if the local tire shop is trying pull one over on me. I'm going to hit a couple places tommorow on lunch and see what I can find.

BTW, thanks for not making me apologize for driving a s-10 blazer Dead Link Removed I missed the fact that this site was mostly explorer oriented Dead Link Removed

Just had the BFG AT KO's Installed. Picked them up at Sears for $89.99 each, then took them over to Sams and had them installed for $7.50 each (balancing,stems,road hazard, free rotation for life, and disposal).. They gave me the full waranty package with the free rotation every 7,500 miles becuase it was a tire that they could order but did not have. (called to confirm before getting the tires at Sears)

I can't wait to put some miles on these suckers! and boy do they look sweet on my truck Dead Link Removed

Thanks for the help guys!

Back