best low buck option for replacing stock 2000 sport speakers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

best low buck option for replacing stock 2000 sport speakers

kgbmatey

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I am looking to replace stock speakers in daughters first car. I am not looking for a professional system, just good quality replacement speakers with no mods.
Thanks
Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look on Crutchfield.com,
they have a it fits my car thing, and have good products, and if you order online they are a Forum vendor, and there is a discount code here somewhere

Thanks!!! I used crutchfield years ago for my Mustang, forgot all about them!!

Is there a way to find out what sound sytem vehicle was equiped with?

not sure about that, what car and year, i may actually know,, i did a quite a few installs in my time, including a couple of pro systems for spl competitions,

thanks to everyone...really appreciate the help......any other suggestions appreciated. jad those def seem reasonably priced!!

I bought Alpine SPS-517's for my Explorer, and I love them. On Crutchfield they are $99, I got them on sale from my local dealer for $75 a pair. Nothing against Crutchfield, but I like my local shop, so I decided to support them.

As for sound quality, The mids, and highs are fantastic, and the bass is quite good, not great, but what can you expect from a speaker that is not in a tuned box, and is meant for a variety of vehicles.

Pioneer 6x8's are really good for the price. You can get 3-ways at walmart for ~$50-60/pair, or 2-ways at Advance Auto Parts - if you buy online, you can use a coupon code to get ~40% off, making them about $30-40/pair. I prefer the 2-ways as they have lower power handling and hence work better with factory systems or when powered with a head unit or small amplifier.

There are lots of 5x7/6x8 options though. Really any brand name speaker will do fine, but if you can, those with a 90-91dB efficiency rating do better with lower power, part of the reason the Pionner's are so good for stock replacements, besides the fit.

Thanks for all the great ideas...gonna check them all out.

Although i have a Kenwood head unit,,,i just bought 2 pairs of Infinity Reference 6832's off Amazon for $108.00...Awesome speaker...Nothing against Crutchfield or Sonic,,have bought from both before ,,but they wanted $102 and $89 a pair...Couldnt beat the deal for an awesomwe set of speakers...I highly recommend them.

Back