Best sized rims for a 96 Explorer XLT 20" or 22" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best sized rims for a 96 Explorer XLT 20" or 22"

I'm looking to get some decent rims for my 96 XLT. I only have the V6 so my Explorer is mainly a lil crusier to get me around nothing off road, no lifting, no "boggin" etc. With that said I'm looking for some decent rims. What size is best and what series tire? My friend has 20" rims on his 95 Explorer and they look pretty good but I'm thinking 22" would be better. Does anyone have any pictures of 22s on a 95-99 Explorer? 24s dont fit do they?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stick with 20s.... 22s look like crap and wont allow much room for tire

I pity anyone who has to deal with 22s with the OHV.

Don't listen to em' I have 22"s and they are great, handling is greatly improved, I just need some spacers.

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

Mine's a 98 UK spec V6 4.0l OHC

So there :p

Also pay a visit to www.cardomain.com and do a search for Explorers, there are some on there fitted with 24s !!! Bagged to !!

22" is the way to go mann! I've got a set for sale $1800 triple plated chrome. pics coming soon.if interested email me at ryoung21772000@yahoo.com

My 22's have never scrubbed my truck and i have enough space to turn.AND I DONT NEED NO DAMN SPACERS!@#$% THE REAL MCCOY!!.pics coming sooooon!!!Baddest X this site has seen.Pay attention

+1 on the 22's. Baller Status

those 22's look awful on that black x.

22's
custom rollpan
custom fiberglass front bumper
woodgrain
6 pioneer priemier 12" subs
planet audio 2250
4 channel lighting audio for the highs and mids
2 optima batteries
true dual flowmaster setup
billet grille
clear lights all the way around
stepbars
complete interior: peanut butta leather and blue tweed seats
balboa blue with black rally stripes for the exterior
PICS COMING SOON GET READY. R U READY?

ryoung2177 said:
22's
custom rollpan
custom fiberglass front bumper
woodgrain
6 pioneer priemier 12" subs
planet audio 2250
4 channel lighting audio for the highs and mids
2 optima batteries
true dual flowmaster setup
billet grille
clear lights all the way around
stepbars
complete interior: peanut butta leather and blue tweed seats
balboa blue with black rally stripes for the exterior
PICS COMING SOON GET READY. R U READY?
This has NOTHING to do with this thread!! Start your own thread in the "registy" forum with your own specs and pics. And with all your bragging, the pics better be worth it!!!

Robb said:
This has NOTHING to do with this thread!! Start your own thread in the "registy" forum with your own specs and pics. And with all your bragging, the pics better be worth it!!!

Damn Robb you beat me to it

and i was so looking forward to my response :(

Hey guys, check out his public profile, then see interests, maybe a moderator ought to see that. Nice for a family site. I'm talking about ryoung2177
Wannabe Elite Explorer

Other then a lot of off the shelf bolt on stuff I see just another black X

Back on subject, itsdennislol good luck on your rims. IMO I don't like the look of the 22s

Back