BFgoodrich vs. Dunlop Radial Rover AT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFgoodrich vs. Dunlop Radial Rover AT

Hi,

I am looking into getting a new set of tires because I almost crashed the other day (because of my ****ty tires I have right now). Anyways, I wanted a tire that is good in the rain and called a local tire place to ask about the BFG ATKO. He told me the the AT KO have a reputation for not staying balanced on the rim and he recommended that I should go wiht the Dunlop Radial Rover. He then proceeded to quote me a total of $650 for a set of four Dunlop Radials...including M/B...

What do you all think about this and is the price ok?

Thanx

Quakecom

it depends on the size but I drove a suburban for a while with some dunlop Radial Rovers on then and they worked really well, rain, snow, dry, dirt, a little mud and ice, They were really good. Most of the time was on the road and they did really well there, even with heavy loads and or towing on the highway. If they are stock size you are probably getting ripped off. 285/75/16 were 650 including m/b for me so you decide from there.
Gary

Are you gonna use it off-road at all, if you do i would go with the bfg at ko's they are much better off road then the dunlops, but if you drive on street the dunlops are probably a better tire on the road

Back