• Register Today It's free!

Blower Motor Quit...

katfisher06

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer OHV
The blower on my '00 Limited 5.0 quit working...No warning, no noise, no intermittent working....just QUIT. Fuses are good...Back heater is not blowing either. I have tried to tap on the blower motor with no such luck. My question is....do I just replace the blower motor, or blower motor AND resistor? Any Help??

Is it manual or EATC (automatic climate control) ?

Do you have a multimeter you could measure with?

I would start tracing backwards, first checking whether there is sufficient voltage on the connector to the fan. If you search the forums there are posts with the wiring diagram for either (at least I think there are both) manual or EATC circuits to allow continuing to trace back the circuit from the fan connector if there's not sufficient voltage there.

The blower on my '00 Limited 5.0 quit working...No warning, no noise, no intermittent working....just QUIT. Fuses are good...Back heater is not blowing either. I have tried to tap on the blower motor with no such luck. My question is....do I just replace the blower motor, or blower motor AND resistor? Any Help??

You have two separate motors that are not working! What's the chance that both of them failed at the same time?

Do not replace anything until you do some testing like J_C suggested.

Back