• Register Today It's free!

blower resistor wiring.

BlueOvalDave

Reaction score
City, State
chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
Experienced the blower resistor failure, purchased new resistor as well as a pigtail from Ford, they only had what they admitted was an aftermarket pigtail/socket and the wires dont match 100% as far as color code. And even with the new resistor I'm still only getting high and low speed on the fan, irregardless of how I connect the wires.

The original pigtail had orange/black, green/white, yellow/red, red/white
The aftermarket pigtail from Ford has orange/black, solid yellow, solid green and solid black.

Anyone have the correct wiring schematic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You didn't say whether it is manual or EATC. Here is the diagram for 99-01 manual controls. You have an XLT so I'm guessing it's manual.

188284786_zpsf5d0689d.gif

thanks for the reply.

The main problem I'm having is that the wires on my aftermarket pigtail dont match the original ford colors and I dont want to burn up the resistor.

Got it, was having an alzhiemers moment.

A big thanks to the members of this Forum. The real world advice that one gets here far exceeds what you can hope to find in a haynes or a chilton. I was assuming and looking for a relay which I was sure was the culprit and I thought "why not check the Explorations" forum. Saved me time and money. Thanks again

Glad we helped. Nice when it works out isn't it?

Back