• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth

jwoodring1963

Reaction score
City, State
Banner Elk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 explorer police inte
I purchased a 2015 explorer police interceptor. I enjoy it and have started customizing it to my taste. The only issue I have is the bluetooth/ auxiliary buttons. The read out says audio muted when I press the phone button. After reading the manual, i called the sync help line and provided the vin number to ensure it has bluetooth on it and they walked me through several steps but it was unsuccessful.
The center console was removed prior to purchasing and no auxiliary port or hdmi port is showing now. I removed the center faceplate below the message center and climate control and located 2 grey plugs (a 6 pin and a 12 or 14...I think). Is it possible to purchase something that plugs into one of these to get bluetooth back? Any advice is appreciated...Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe that switching to "Mute" would be normal when pressing the phone button. Which version of Sync do you have?

Peter
Hi Peter, Thanks for reaching out to me! I think it's the "sync with my ford" one. Someone from sync went through all the steps and we performed a system reset to no avail. He suggested taking it to ford but I think that option would be too costly.

Send me your VIN, I will tell you if it has SYNC or not. The phone button saying audio muted likely means it does not.

Send me your VIN, I will tell you if it has SYNC or not. The phone button saying audio muted likely means it does not.
Hi Jmr, Thanks for your help. When I contacted sync I provided this number and they confirmed it did have sync.

It was not equipped with sync from the factory.

It was not equipped with sync from the factory.
Thanks jmr...that would make sense as why it doesn't work but sync advised it did have sync when I called their 800 number and provided the vin.

Well you don't have it regardless of what they told you. Ford's build info and your own observations confirm that.

Back