Bolt on rock slider option?

Mike's brother

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ithaca, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Greetings folks. I've been out of the game for almost a year due to some health issues, but I'm diving back in and trying to make up for lost time.

One of the mods that's next on my list is sliders, and having zero welding skills I've been looking for the least-fuss slider option out there for my 01 Sport. I found a few (Chassis Unlimited, 4X Innovations, Marlin Crawler and Trail-Gear) in sizes from 56, 60 and 67 inches (my Sport is 64 inches well-to-well under the rocker) that look like they could work, but one other option caught my eye. The folks at Rocky Road Outfitters list a complete bolt-on set of pretty solid looking "super sliders" for the 98-08 Ranger Extended Cab. It made me wonder, if the Ex and the Ranger are built on the same platform ...

... any reason these things won't just bolt up to one of our rigs?

I figure there's got to be a whole lot of reasons why this won't work, because no way am I the first person to stumble onto that. I asked them, and they said they've never tried it. I didn't see anything in searching the site here, so I thought I'd just ask the vast majority of folks here who are way, way smarter than me.

:exp:

Update on this -- won't work.

I checked in on a few other forums dedicated to chassis swaps, and from tranny crossover back the Ex and Ranger are not a match. Bummer.

OK then, T-G sliders here I come. Now I just need to save some money to buy ribs and beer for whomever I can get to come over with a MIG rig.

I bolted on trail gear sliders, 3 legs per side. Was a pain in the ass

Back