Boomin Gets NITROUS!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin Gets NITROUS!!!

Well guys I just bought a Zex kit off of Foo and am in the process of installing it. Without a chip for timing retard and fuel upgrade, what can a pretty stock 5.0 take shot wise? I want to run a 75 but I'm not sure it is safe without a chip.

I have...
-mac intake
-75mm Pro-m mas
-fms headers
-true 2.5 duals
-deleted egr
-ported upper with a 1'' spacer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rydinhigh said:
boomin you need to cut the crap and buy my supercharger :D

Trust me if I could I would! I move next weekand i have an interviiw wiht a for dealership (unsure of the name). I now have rent, car payment and insurance to worry about along with school its goign to be hard because I wont work much ( school is until 1pm and stealerships close at 5 or 6). I am planning on buying drafts TV setup and I am sending payments at the moment for that. After that and all bills are paid off Its cam swap time. Then its 2wd. Then if you still have it it by then I WILL own it

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Glad to hear it's working out for ya man, I wish i coulda kept it but I kinda jacked up my situation lol, oh well atleast I have some kick-ass wheels and tires now.

I got to see a kid today I know go nuts and yell at me "Thats bad ass man!" when I passed him coming out of school he saw them for the first time :)... and he has a 35th Ann. Z28

nice, glad to hear the nos is working well, you would like it even better with an apten chip set up for it, you will do nicely at the track, just try an be nice to the go peadle...also, do you have to run high octane in your truck or just normal grade gas? Also, lets see some VIDS... :D

ok just a little update... I cannot run anything but 93 octang with nitrous. I ran a 9.4 at 74mph at the track

boominXplorer said:
ok just a little update... I cannot run anything but 93 octang with nitrous. I ran a 9.4 at 74mph at the track

i hope thats not a quarter mile time, maybe i missed were this time was takin but i can't see this being a quarter mile time. Let us know back if its a typo or something clear it up for me...thanks

lol yeah thats an 1/8

alright thanks i was like that doens't sound right, were is the jet back again?...lol...thanks....thats not to bad..

boominXplorer said:

Unfortunatly, this is not Boomins time. He was looking at the board on my side of track. I think he ran a high 11 :D

Oh, BTW, my wheels are for sale. checkem out

man well see someones mad because they spend almost 2000$ or more on a S/C setup and I spent 1/3rd of that and im right beside him ;)

boominXplorer said:
man well see someones mad because they spend almost 2000$ or more on a S/C setup and I spent 1/3rd of that and im right beside him ;)
Start keeping track on what you spend on refills. That someone will come out ahead eventually. :D :p ;)

ah i know... I will get a blower eventually then I can have the best of both worlds ;)

Damn, I so wish I coulda kept it... ah it's making me sooo mad right now lol

Foo said:
Damn, I so wish I coulda kept it... ah it's making me sooo mad right now lol

No you would get arrested.... TRUST ME I would have been if i didn't run a radar detector.

Damn GSR hatches are quick! I only had him by about a car by 80 mph

ChopinOn22s said:
Yea, I haven't tried this "octang" stuff yet. Is it like gas ?

Octang is some good shiznit! Best if mixed with Everclear! I dont remember much. Just workind outside in the garage and looked over at a bottle that said octane or tang and it smelled good so I drank it. Talk about whiskey breath!!!!!! Or whatever it is!!! Bet that lighting your mouth on fire, after the shot, trick would be really cool right now. WHEW!!!!

boominXplorer said:
No you would get arrested.... TRUST ME I would have been if i didn't run a radar detector.

Damn GSR hatches are quick! I only had him by about a car by 80 mph

I have a radar detector or I would probably be getting arrested on a daily basis ;)

I would like to know what you did with the fuel pressure regulator line from your nitrous kit. The returnless systems have the FPR in the tank, the thing on the fuel rail is a fuel pulse dampener. It can't change the pressure of the fuel rail.

I called Zex and they said their system would not work with reutrnless systems.

boominXplorer said:
OK SCREW ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!

I got it to work and my legs are still shaking and I just started with a 55 shot and about to go to a 65 :)

cap the fittings on the ZEX NCM. As long as you make sure the truck is tuned for the shot of nitro with a chipo for the returnless fuel system you will be fine. And if your not running a big shot then you just dont need to worry about it that much. But I say better to be safe than sorry. I would go with a flipchip myself. One setting with added fuel and retarded timing a little so as to run safely and effectively with the nitrous.

I'm looking at the wet system they now offer. It doesn't need a FPR pick up. It looks alot cleaner that the other systems on the market. I sent Zex an email yesterday asking them them to confirm their 82023 kit will work on Explorer fuel systems and for the size of the module to see where I can mount it.

Back