Bought a new , / USED toy!

dtl 2k2 sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
Okay, lets see if you guys can help me out. I just bought a 97 mazda B2300 4x2. 5 speed, 4 cly,. I would like to lift it alittle more, put 16' tires the ones that i have from my 2k2 sport, 225-70-16's? . and would like to know how much trouble would it be, a buddy said i could do 31's and slight lift on it!,, I wanna put it up a little bit to make it kinda of a dare I say it, like a toyota prerunner set up. Not to much when it comes to the whole gear ratio, and engine mods, i drive it up and down I-95 every day to work so just would like to lift it alittle for a sportier stance, please tell me if you can how much work would be needed to be done, and am i getting over my head!!!! :eek:

Put those tires on there, then see how much lift, if any, you need!

You should figure out what gear ratio you have though, because the bigger tires, with a 4 banger, might not be a good match.

yeah i was just thinking of originallly doing like a prerunner, or dual sport look, lifted @reg 4x4 height, the gerbals under the hood, struggle right now w/ the ac on! but when i'm on a flat area! look out. If i just keep the 16 Goodyear RTS's, that where on my x originally, would that fry my engine, or kill what power i have? The dc area is slight hills but mostley flat. (NO MTNS), . Would that look good w/ a 3'' lift? or really dorky? Is the lift all i have to buy or do i need a suspinsion lift? and steering cable legnther?? also?? all these questions, txs fellas, for the help! (confused)!!!dtl

Back