Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Costello302

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
So l9ng story long i got a 91 explorer that has 80k on it. When i first got it a couple weeks ago there were a few times where the back brakes locked an when id be in drive the rear brakes were locking the car. Eventually it stopped doing it but felt like i lost back brakes altogether.

Eventually it would unlock an work fine. Org. Broke good when i got it. Now after all that it feels as if the back brakes dont work at all. I drove it only when needed seeming to only be braking with the front brakes. The pedal would go almost to floor but it would stop. Now as of last two days when i use brakes the pedal goes all the way to the floor. It would stop but i had to gove myself a safe distance. Today i went to brake an the pedal went all the way to the floor an would barely slow car down in effort to stop an now the pedal is going all the way to the floor but not stopping only barely creeping to a stop but even with pedal all the way down its not stopping in a safe distance to drive. What could this be. Fluids look ok. Could i have already work front brakes out an has anyo e dealt with this. What shoulf i look at to try an resolve the problrm?

Thanks, first post for newb. Any thoughts on where to look glr be great . Any ideas on what to look for? Fluid is topped off.

Please advise!!!

Welcome to the forum!

If it were me, I would remove the tires and inspect the brakes. Up front, you can easily see and check the rotors, in back you'd need to pull off the drums to see the shoes. Is that something you are able to do?

Back