brake lines | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

brake lines

cskinner89

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer XLT
It seems that all my brake lines are rusting through... first the rear two then the front two i know how to change the rear left and right but am not sure on how to do the splitter main line and front lines. i can see where the 3 lines leave the mater cylinder and where they all end but everywhere between is still a mystery everybody so far have said this is easy. but the front lines just disapear behind somthing so if somone has done all the lines before and still rembers im wondering witch line is witch (there are three in a row going from the master cylinder) to know that would be great and when i remove the bigenning and end will i just pull them out or is there snaps/ bolts holding them in place between the bigenning and end?? am i making any since here? if so help would be great working on that thing can be draining

Do you have ABS?? The lines from my master cylinder connect to the ABS hyrdraulic unit next to the radiator. From there one line goes to the passenger front, driver front, and then to the rear. The front hardlines connect through the tops of the coil buckets, while the rear line is held in pace with connectors in the "C" channel frame. See similar threads like Rear Brake line rusted out

Yeah it has abs and thanks for that info! do you know witch line is witch? going from left to right?

Back