Broken 2004 Sport Trac Center Console Lid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken 2004 Sport Trac Center Console Lid

jscribbles

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
The center console lid in my 2004 Sport Trac is broken and I'm looking for a replacement lid. I need the whole lid, basically, as the plastic is broken. This is not just a re-upholestery job.

I'm having trouble locating that part. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look through junkyards. 2nd gen ex's and some rangers used the same lid.

Thanks for the suggestions and links. The junkyard will be a last ditch effort for me probably, but I'll consider it.

As for your links swshawaii...

To the first one... I see that this one is a full lid: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explor...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

But the cup holders that come out of the back have me confused as my current center console lid does NOT have that. I have drink holders that come from the bottom of the console, not the lid. Is it just that this is a different part but should still fit?

And then I'm a little confused on the aftermarket link as to where I would acquire the part?

Thanks again!

That first one is go a different style console, not the high series console.

You'd be surprised the condition some cars are in in JYs. Some have been garage kept and were pristine before the owner got in an accident.

Yeah, the hesitancy to go to the junkyard is all about an unfamiliarity with them and frankly laziness. But it's good to know it's a useful option.

That said... I think I found my guy here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230897034320#rpdId

I was struggling before, but the link above helped me identify the part number, and from there I've found a few numbers. It's not "cheap," but I can handle it.

Thanks for all the help guys. I recently bought a little car to eat miles as I look to preserve and take care of my Sport Trac better, so this forum may be very valuable. Very glad a place like it exists.

Glad you found one.

Warning** This site can make you addicted to your truck lol **

There's a lot of really helpful info on here about maintenance and modification. Welcome to the site by the way.

There is also a forum vendor, "Ript USA". I think they have full lids you can get from them with their nice matching upholstery on it.

The JY is where i would go could get it for under $10, i was just there the other day to get my bezel an the lady said just take it lol an there were alot of Explorers in good condition

I bought a 2005 ST that had the lid crunched. The vinyl cover was ok, but the underlying plastic lid had been broken. After checking the price at the dealer I determined to do something else. I wound up repairing the existing by epoxying a couple of metal plates (actually square covers for electrical junction boxes) to the bottom of the lid. Worked fine. (and saved a bundle)

I used this guy to reupholster mine and actually got on here to post how well it came out. Bought it months ago but just did the work yesterday. He also sells the full lids and is a forum vendor. Couldn't be more happy with the purchase so far.

http://www.z-interiors.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=93

Here's the pictures of my newly upholstered lid. The leather and padding are quality and better than OEM and it's nice and comfy. Hard to tell in the pictures but the color is a perfect match.

2013-02-05_12-59-14_373_zps04713653.jpg

2013-02-05_13-04-01_872_zps1350c89e.jpg

Where can I get the insert for the cup holder?

Back