• Register Today It's free!

Broken Door Handle, Etc.

naminad

Reaction score
City, State
Guam
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
Well as the stated, i recently just had a broken exterior door handle on the right hand side rear. It basically snapped on its own without me knowing and reason to that is that i put some chrome covers that basically were hard to open at times throughout the years.
My question is that should i just buy the paint to match door handle or the chrome handles that will install, because i do love the chrome handles, just hate that they are just cover accessories. My original handles are the black textured handles.

If you want chrome there are actually chrome explorer handles that will fit. Doorman makes a copy for a not too bad price. As for the plastic chrome covers, they cost me all 4 handles the first winter I had my truck. Splurge for the Stainless covers if you want to go that route. they dont go under the handles but they wont wreck them either.

If you want chrome there are actually chrome explorer handles that will fit. Doorman makes a copy for a not too bad price. As for the plastic chrome covers, they cost me all 4 handles the first winter I had my truck. Splurge for the Stainless covers if you want to go that route. they dont go under the handles but they wont wreck them either.

you said you lost all four handles, so how were you able to open the doors?
i need help on disassembling the or opening up the inside door panel please
and are the doorman chrome handles long lasting, durable as the factories and long lasting or are they some cheap ass products that will cost me money
please help

They all broke over the winter, not at the same time. as for opening up the door, its easy. Have a look in the 4th gen explorer pages, there is a guide. Im on my third year with the doorman and they seem to be holding up just fine. Our temperature ranges from below -40c to above +35c in the summer and they haven't broken yet.

Back