• Register Today It's free!

Brush Guards on Body Lifted ST's

cknox69

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac 4x4
Need some help! I have recently body lifted my ST, did the TT and added Shackles! I know awesome right! Now, I want to mount a brush guard onto my truck and not real sure how thats gonna work considering the body isnt quite where it use to be if you know what I mean. So whats the deal is this a fabricate brackets problem or cutting a little plastic problem? I dunno and could use some advice from a fellow Sportracer!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it may need a custom bracket.. otherwise it wouldn't line up with protecting the lights either.

Ya thats what I was thinking but I saw this picture of Walsdorf34's ST with a 3" BL and the plastic is just cut on the lower valence. I have IM'd him but havent gotten a response back yet.

DSCF0430.jpg

You will need to modify the brackets that come with the brush gaurd you buy. It is a very simple mod, and you will need to trim the cladding as well. The brush guard I had,I just flipped the brackets upside down and welded some bracing.

Thanks Chad! I appreciate it.

Actually now that I see the pic above that is the exact same guard I had on my truck. And they cut the cladding exactly like I did mine. It looks like mine was a little more reinforced at the mounts but it is the same idea.

You don't by chance still have it and might want to sell it do you?

Nope dont have it anymore. I had a little fender bender and one of the tubes was crushed, so it went into the trash dumpster.

Oh well was definitely worth a try! That Guard is made by Tal & Hadas and they like them things alot apparently cause they want like $450 for the thing! Do you remember where you got yours from and about how much you gave for it? Just trying to see if there is somewhere I can get it cheaper because its the best looking Guard for our trucks!

I dont think they are made anymore. I got mine from a dealer who had a few left that were supposed to be slightly damaged. Mine was fine and I think I paid about 150-200 for it. Like I said they were leftovers some delaer had so that is why it was so cheap.

on my safari bar i just cut 3" off the mouting brackets and welded it back together
matches the body height perfect

10130_157083911560_529836560_3207536_2131775_n.jpg

Damn bro you are all over my posted links, cant wait to see what it looks like with no more grey! keep us up to date!

i did the same with the cutting 3inches off brackets. i have pictures.

Lift014.jpg

Lift015.jpg

Lift013.jpg

Lift026.jpg

Lift032.jpg

Back