Building a box for one sub, but eventually for 2. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Building a box for one sub, but eventually for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the crappy picture.... but this is what I mean... Splitting one RCA channel into two inputs for the amp, so the amp is getting the same signal, and outputting the same signal in both channels into the voice coils... Make sense?

11h6o05.jpg

You could do this, but it is NOT ideal. Because you would loose any thing that is on the other channel. The way that I would do it is bridge the amp and run the voice coils in series. To do this you wire the "-" of the amp to the "-" of the first VC then run a jumper from the "+" of that VC to the "-" of the second VC and a wire from the "+" of the amp to the "+" of the second VC. The will take the 2- 4ohm vice coils and make the amp "see" 8ohm bridged (4ohm each channel) so your amp will put 350 watts to the 1 channel. Done. Mono signal to the sub at 350watts.

Okay...

I'm about to lose it...

I know how to bridge an amp... I've done it before... but please READ THE BELOW.

Amp when bridged: 700rms

My Subwoofer handles 400rms, 800 max.

This is why I want to run each channel to its own voice coil, because then it would put out 350rms. This is how I'm going to do it. People have said the same thing over and over, and yet I'm just asking if it would work. It's a yes or no question. The way I listed above is how I'm going to do it, I'm tired of asking if it's possible and people repeating what others have said adn ignoring what I've said... So again, my sub handles 800 max and when the amp is bridged it puts out 700rms... If I run each channel to it's own coil it'll put out 175rmsx2=350rms... completely within range.

Done. Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back