• Register Today It's free!

BW1354E onto a M5OD F-150

86caprirs

Reaction score
City, State
Chestermere, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer 4.0L 4x4 XL
Is there an adaptor to put a BW 1354 E from my 92 X onto a F-150 M5OD trans???? I want to swap a 5.0L/M5OD from a F-150 into my 92 X but I know that there is problems fitting the transfercase from the F-150 into the narrow frame of the Explorer.I thought I heard that someone had an adaptor so that you did not have to modify the driveshafts in the Explorer. It was a while ago that I thought I read it on here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, got some info from TRS. The Explorer transfercase has a smaller bolt pattern to mate to the M5R2 and the M5R2 has 31 spline shaft and the BW1354 has a 25 spline shaft. So it will not even work. Now can I put the transfercase from the F-150 into the X ?????

It's a 1356 (from the f150). Someone, I think it was audiodude) said that he had to notch his frame to fit the 1356.

Is it major notching or just a "C" hair here and there?????

its about 6-7 inches longer... the 1356, if i remeber correctly

Does anyone have side by side comparrisons pics? I just replaced a transfercase that was behind a 7.3L diesel auto.That was a BIG heavy unit.I have not been under a late 80's to mid 90's F-150 in a long time.Also were the transfer cases electronic shift in the F-150's?

Back