• Register Today It's free!

camber adjustment

XploderSport96

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
Have have you guys adjusted the camber back into spec after lowering. The 2 degree adjusters aren't enough. I've heard you can modify the upper control arms. The only other thing I can think of is to chop off the mounts for the upper arm, move it out, brace it and weld it back together.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much lowering did you do? With a regular torsion twist, you can use camber bushings to get it back into spec. Explorer Express has the right bushings, and I think Napa carries them too.

Originally posted by XploderSport96
I've heard you can modify the upper control arms. The only other thing I can think of is to chop off the mounts for the upper arm, move it out, brace it and weld it back together.

Isn't this the same project that JamesT did on his Explorer? I tried to do the search for you but I can't seem to find it. Sorry. :(

No he just used a lengthened set of Ranger lowered control arms.

do you just have the factory adjusters in or did you add on the aftermarket ones too?

you cant cut and re-weld the stock uppers. there is no way to do it and make it even remotely safe to drive. you can do this to a set of DJM upper arms for a 98-up 2wd ranger. they are HREW tubing.

I have the 2 degree camber adjusters like the set EE sells. Will the DJM uppers will work on a 4WD sport?

Back