camber shims for 1.5 in. lift on a 92 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

camber shims for 1.5 in. lift on a 92

pughman

Reaction score
City, State
in a galaxy far far away "MISSOURI"
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
i got these lift coil springs from Skyjacker ( SJA-132X )

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SJA-132X

they say it gives Amount of Lift Front 1.5 in.

any idea what camber shims i need ? im going to put them in so i do not need to pay a shop to do it , then take it in for the alignment..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the ones from Skyjacker. Summit racing has them. Cross reference the part # from Skyjacker.

Yeah that's them. You need 2. You can find different ones cheaper online though. Not sure where.

i would just take it to the alignment shop. They'll have the parts, if you need them. And they'll know what one to get. Just my opinion though

Hit or miss with that....None of the alignment places I called had them, or even knew what they were.

All the alignment shops i use have the parts as CodePoet says

They usually refer to them as bushings.

Alignment Bushings

RockAuto.com has Moog K8984 Caster/Camber Bushings which give you a -3º to +3º for 4 wheel drive vehicles. I used them on my 1991 4WD Ex..... They also have other bushings with different ranges of adjustment.

So you all are saying that it is possible to get your Ex back into alignment with the skyjacker 2 in. lift springs? I had a guy telling me that i might need more parts (longer arms or something like that). So basically, with 2' of lift is it possible for an alignment shop to get it back into alignment? I'm not trying to wear through my tires. Thanks

Yes you can, I just did mine a couple months ago. The alignment guy was a little skeptical at first but he got it right on the mon.ey. All you need is the right bushings. My truck rides good and straight and the tires are flat on the ground, with no - or + camber

Generally, you don't need new shims if you lift a TTB 2" or less.

I dont know about that, my tires were cambered out so bad that they were riding on the outer edges of the tires, I had to drive like that a couple days till I could get it in the alignment shop

Of course you still need an alignment. I'm saying it should align without having to swap in a higher degree shim.

I bought some of these at NAPA. FWIW, I lifted my '91 X 5.5" and the 2.5 degree bushing was enough to correct the camber. I would think the stock bushing would be fine at only 2" of lift. If you want to be sure, get a 12mm 12 pt socket, loosen the clamp bolt and rotate the bushing. It's easiest with the wheel off.

Rob

4x4rob said:
I bought some of these at NAPA. FWIW, I lifted my '91 X 5.5" and the 2.5 degree bushing was enough to correct the camber. I would think the stock bushing would be fine at only 2" of lift. If you want to be sure, get a 12mm 12 pt socket, loosen the clamp bolt and rotate the bushing. It's easiest with the wheel off.

Rob

you got drop brackets ther man..... :confused:

Back