Can a wideband Air Fuel gauge be used to monitor MAF output? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can a wideband Air Fuel gauge be used to monitor MAF output?

mawrazen

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
I have used a digital voltmeter to monitor the MAF output voltage in the past.

In my tests the ouput voltage of the MAF on my 1994 EX would run from .58 VDC to 5.0 VDC. This seems to be the same voltage range as a wideband A/F gauge.

Will this work? Has anybody else monitored their MAF output? What method did (do) you use?

:crazy:? Sometimes! :D

I have used a digital voltmeter to monitor the MAF output voltage in the past.

In my tests the ouput voltage of the MAF on my 1994 EX would run from .58 VDC to 5.0 VDC. This seems to be the same voltage range as a wideband A/F gauge.

Will this work? Has anybody else monitored their MAF output? What method did (do) you use?

:crazy:? Sometimes! :D

Why?

To Test the Performance (Airflow) of my Cold Air Intake Experiments!

LOL .

To Test the Performance (Airflow) of my Cold Air Intake Experiments!

And I like the pretty lights that drive my wife CRAZY!

Lastest is version is CAI Ver. 3.2.

It no longer looks like a snowplow! "OMG Where's Fluffy" Don't worry Fluffy is fine. :D

Oh, and I may be CRAZY too! :crazy:

I find the voltmeter gave me realtime data on the airflow volume, Engine Load/Performance based on the volume of air that was measured by the MAF. The install is very simple, 2 wires hooked up to a digital voltmeter on the dash.

The numbers vary from idle < 0.70 VDC to the Maximum I read at WOT of 4.72 VDC

At some point a high performance (Forced Air) CAI would max out the MAF if the volume were too high. (possibly triggering a CEL)

Maybe the device used to trim the voltage on the output of the O2 sensors when running with HHO could be used to trim the voltage of a high performance CAI. (I Don't remember its name. EIFE maybe, I dunno)

OMG, I better stop. :banghead:

Back