Can i have another MFT reset please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can i have another MFT reset please

njafish

Reaction score
City, State
Cooper City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Ltd 302a
Had to do another reset this weekend. I believe that’s 6 in a month. I’m becoming a real pro at disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. My neighbor walked up to me and said "again" shaking his head. i just laughed and told him that this is Fords new DIY vehicle philosophy. All new Ex owners get the privilege to get their hands dirty just so they can have functioning controls. Well.....sorta have functioning controls.

Funny thing is i don't even get upset anymore......just grab my trusty wrench out of the glove box and disconnect the battery.......all the while grinning as all my neighbors laugh at my new $46k POS.

So i have two milestone dates to look forward to...... first the January 2012 miracle MFT software fix. And the second date is in September 2014 when the lease expires and i get to turn in my Ex. In the mean time i will tell anyone who will listen to stay clear of buying this unreliable hunk of garbage.

Oh and to any Ford reps execs out their who may see this and all other Ex / MFT rants........smart move quoting (to publications) user error for most of the MFT issues out there......brilliant!!!!!!

Had to do another reset this weekend. I believe that’s 6 in a month. I’m becoming a real pro at disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. My neighbor walked up to me and said "again" shaking his head. i just laughed and told him that this is Fords new DIY vehicle philosophy. All new Ex owners get the privilege to get their hands dirty just so they can have functioning controls. Well.....sorta have functioning controls.

Funny thing is i don't even get upset anymore......just grab my trusty wrench out of the glove box and disconnect the battery.......all the while grinning as all my neighbors laugh at my new $46k POS.

So i have two milestone dates to look forward to...... first the January 2012 miracle MFT software fix. And the second date is in September 2014 when the lease expires and i get to turn in my Ex. In the mean time i will tell anyone who will listen to stay clear of buying this unreliable hunk of garbage.

Oh and to any Ford reps execs out their who may see this and all other Ex / MFT rants........smart move quoting (to publications) user error for most of the MFT issues out there......brilliant!!!!!!

I will be so happy when either my car works or a hire a lawyer to get rid of it.
I'm paying note on explorer and driving a focus while its in the shop all of time. Its almost organized crime. I pay for a 46,000 car and drive a 9,000 car. I don't think Al Capone was this good.

Back