can i just hose clamp my a/c hose? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can i just hose clamp my a/c hose?

paulanderko

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie Bauer
:mad:Battery acid helped deteriorate my compressor to condenser hose assembly in my '01 v6 4.0L SOHC Explorer. It now has blown the rubber hose located under the battery. I CAN NOT find a new assembly. I went to Adv. Auto Parts I agreed to pay $155.00, and when the guy clicked the order button on their computer, it returned with a message that the part was no longer available. I have searched the net and have come up with only parts that are almost the same. :thumbsup:Can I just buy some appropriate hose, cut off the metal crimps, and clamp the new hose to the existing metal pipes? :thumbdwn: If not, does anyone know a good place to buy the complete assembly?

I see a few A/C hoses for your vehicle at RockAuto.com - see if one of those is correct.

:mad:Battery acid helped deteriorate my compressor to condenser hose assembly in my '01 v6 4.0L SOHC Explorer. It now has blown the rubber hose located under the battery. I CAN NOT find a new assembly. I went to Adv. Auto Parts I agreed to pay $155.00, and when the guy clicked the order button on their computer, it returned with a message that the part was no longer available. I have searched the net and have come up with only parts that are almost the same. :thumbsup:Can I just buy some appropriate hose, cut off the metal crimps, and clamp the new hose to the existing metal pipes? :thumbdwn: If not, does anyone know a good place to buy the complete assembly?

Call around to a few repair shops in your area. You are correct about replacing the rubber hose and clamps, but it requires a special die to crimp the new clamps properly. You may also do a search for hydraulic hoses. They would certainly be able crimp the new clamps.

you can't just use hose clamps like you use for radiator hoses; the A/C system holds too much pressure for that

Back